Thanks Automatic MySQL Backup
Automatic MySQL Backup is Shell scripts to backup MySQL database. The shell script developed by wipe_out (Thank you wipe_out for the great shell)
here is some of features:
- Backup multiple MySQL databases with one script. (Now able to backup ALL databases on a server easily. no longer need to specify each database separately)
- Backup all databases to a single backup file or to a separate directory and file for each database.
- Automatically compress the backup files to save disk space using either gzip or bzip2 compression.
- Can backup remote MySQL servers to a central server.
- Runs automatically using cron or can be run manually.
- Can e-mail the backup log to any specified e-mail address instead of "root". (Great for hosted websites and databases).
- Can email the compressed database backup files to the specified email address.
- Can specify maximum size backup to email.
- Can be set to run PRE and POST backup commands.
- Choose which day of the week to run weekly backups
Easy to used! just download automysqlbackup.sh then make few config:
DBNAMES="db1 db2 db3" # You can use 'all' for any database
And final, don't forget make execute permission to the shell script by chmod +x automysqlbackup.sh
After run the script, it will create these folder (If the folders are not available)
The shell script will make rotation as well. I have make PHP script for database backup job, but forget it! This working better my script and I use it currently.